- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Community Property
Ms. Fontenot currently serves in the following capacities:
- 2009-2010 - Vice Chair of the Family Law Advisory Commission
- 2009 to date - Louisiana Law Institute – Family Law Section
- 2009 - Secretary, Louisiana State Bar Association, Family Law Advisory Commission
- 2008 to date - Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
Ms. Fontenot is a member of the 18th Judicial District Bar Association and has held the following positions with the Family Law Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association:
- 2007 Past Chair
- 2006 Chair of the Family Law Section
- 2005 Vice Chair of the Family Law Section
- 2004 Secretary/Treasurer
Ms. Fontenot has been a lecturer at the following Louisiana State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Seminars:
- Fundamentals of Family Law at Southern University Law Center in 1996.
- Legislative Revisions on Interim and Final Periodic Spousal Support at Southern University Law Center in 1998.
- Practicing in the Hinterlands for the Family Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association in 2000.
- Commencing and Defending Child Custody Cases for the National Business Institute in 2004.
- Recent Developments in Family Law at Southern University Law Center in 2005.
- Professionalism lecture on the Divorce Attorney Personalities for Family Law Section of the Baton Rouge Bar Association, November 2007.